Wednesday, August 12, 2015

OAKE - Live In Marseille

OAKE - Live In Marseille

I am so glad Ascetic House released this. While OAKE's late 2014 LP Auferstehung was one of my favorite records of the year (made my top 10!) I feel like it went under the radar for most people. I saw OAKE in London last year and they blew me away and while this isn't a seedy London club, I am still someone who appreciates live recordings, especially ones done right (this). If you aren't familiar with OAKE they make noisy and fairly brutal industrial techno and dark ambient with vocals which bring out some of the hidden melodies and layers. This is just an hour long live recording of a great set they played. I pieced it together so it's one continuous song. This isn't for everyone who's fans with this blog, but I strongly suggest checking this and their LP "Auferstehung" out.

No comments:

Post a Comment