Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Fields Of Mildew - s/t

Fields Of Mildew - s/t

By now we shouldn't expect anything from Jason Wood's label Fallow Field. This isn't raging black metal or electronics. I would describe this as folk or neofolk. Guitars and vocals only, with some faint drums on the last track. As with most things Fallow Field releases, I have never heard of this project and cannot find anything anywhere. I suggest checking it out if you're into folk/neofolk, if my recommendation means anything. The fact that FF released this should be enough to pick this up - JW is a true tastemaker.

5 comments:

  1. Anybody, who is carrier of english languege, please, write songtext to this album, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can you recommend something more that sounds like this? I can think of Norwegian Weh but not much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the best resource for neofolk type stuff and I'm not sure I can recommend you anything besides the obvious choices of Darkwood, Sol Invictus, Fire + Ice, Sonne Hagal, etc. Darkwood is the closest I can think of, sorry.

      2 recent albums that aren't necessarily acoustic but are neofolk that I suggest checking out are Blood And Sun - White Storms Fall and Kinit Her - Storm Of Radiance. Both on the mighty Pesanta Urfolk.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another great release from FF. This is great stuff here.

    ReplyDelete