Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Carved Cross - Futile Reflections Of A Failed Existence

Carved Cross - Futile Reflections Of A Failed Existence

New full length from the kings of shit Carved Cross. I think it's safe to say this is a full length, clocking in at a little over 40 minutes. This is definitely their most clean sounding recording, but it still sounds raw as fuck and very very filthy, don't worry. "Clean" is definitely not the right word, but these songs still go at trudge through the mud pace. This is also their most melodic material. There could have been more melody on their previous releases but the fact that their last demos were recorded in a toilet didn't help. Not that I'm complaining! Those releases were pretty good, this is just a lot better and highlights the high points. 2014 is off to a very good start with this release.

5 comments:

  1. I was just about to post this.

    damn it.

    anyway, I agree that it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh! You still should! You put much more thought into your writing than I do.

      Delete
    2. haha thanks, but like yourself, I try to only post things that aren't available anywhere else...with a few rare exceptions, of course.

      Delete
  2. Kinda pissed that I missed out on this one. Do you know if it's available anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it in the mail and I know some people haven't received it yet, but I would maybe watch Total Black and Unseen Forces since they sometimes disto this stuff, not sure if they got copies of these ones though. Copies might be available from the band directly too at http://downandoutzine.blogspot.com/ but I'm not sure.

      Delete